Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.
I have a few confessions I need to get off my chest. Big deep breath, here we go.
• I cannot get into a nail polish obsession. While for some this may be a good thing, it frustrates me that I cannot swoon over the varnishes the nail girls covet. I paint my nails and look once before they chip, and then I’m driven to madness at the sight of them. Too much stress for this wee blogger!
• Often, I’ll be lemming an item hard and go to great lengths to obtain it, and once it joins my cosmetic family it falls by the wayside for something newer, or an old favourite. Only later, much later, does it get picked up to be loved and cherished. Not a total waste, but still an annoyance of mine!
• I’ve never been a fan of eyeliner- blame it on my teen years of goth-rimmed eyes, but I just don’t like myself when I’m heavily eyelined. When the professionals do it, I look great, but on my own I think myself silly and flashbacks to the goth days ensue. *shudder* I have just gotten into liquid liner on the top lash line, though, and I love it!
• I find it hard to stick to an exact routine with skincare- forever chopping and changing, I never stick with a set of products long enough to see the benefits they promise (except those PR send me to blog about, which I do stick to for review purposes, naturally!)
• I don’t hate a clumpy lash look, and I don’t always wear sunscreen. I feel ashamed!
There, don’t you feel better now?
Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.
When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?
A lonnnng time ago *looks at split ends* I need a trim, but can’t be bothered heading to the hairdresser and waiting around! I’m bad with appointments, too, which sucks.
Which bit of beauty trickery couldn’t you live without?
I don’t partake in too much trickery; I hardly fake tan and can’t get the hang of falsies. The most trickery I get up to that works out is my everyday foundation- hardly anyone knows how bad my skin is underneath. My man looks on in wonderment as I paint my canvas, I love it. (NB: he loves the bad skin, as well as the good :D).
You’ve overslept and have 5 minutes to get out of the house. Are you going out with dirty hair or no makeup?
Dirty hair all the way! A high pony or messy bun done in a toilet cubicle can work wonders, but I never go out without a bit of foundy and blush- it makes me feel like a winner!
Which trend still makes you cringe?
I cannot stand frosty lipstick! Show me a stunner with it on that doesn’t look like she’s from the 90’s and I will be happily proven wrong. Lilac frosties do my head in, they really do. I know a girl who never wears makeup, lest she be going out and then she slaps on foundation that is at least 4 times too dark for her, some purple glitter smushed round her eyes and the frostiest lilac lippy you’ll ever see. Gah! She is lovely though, so I guess looks don’t always matter ;).
|Let's leave the lilac to Lady Gaga please.|
Image credit: www.graziadaily.co.uk
----------------------------------Thanks Emma! If you would like to take a turn and unburden yourself in the Friday Confessional you can email me at email@example.com. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!