Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.
Oh my life, I have soooo many things to confess, I could be here for a long while! In fact, I’ve changed my mind; I’d like to leave now....who locked the door?? Fine. Okay, I’ll confess...so here goes:
1. I do not look after my skin as much as I probably should, in fact, I’ll use a face wash every time I shower, and you are very lucky if it gets any further than that! I don’t even moisturise that often. I know, terrible. And, I may also be prone to not taking my make up off before bed. I am not afraid to confess that yes, I am very lazy!
2. I am physically incapable of leaving spots alone. Whilst I don’t honestly have that many these days, in my younger years I may have been known to prod, pinch and squeeze these monstrosities.
3. I didn’t know how to apply any type of make up until I was roughly 24/25! Eye shadow was slapped on, foundation was non-existent (which is probably a good thing) and don’t even go there with eye liner, because I just could not master it.
4. I’m a nail varnish-aholic, and I can’t stop buying more. Nails Inc really should stop having offers with Fabulous and Dove, because seriously I will buy them all given half the opportunity (luckily for my credit card, my local Boots isn’t doing the Dove offer!)
5. I detest shaving my legs, and I will avoid doing it for as long as physically possible!!
There, don’t you feel better now?
Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.
When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?
Actually, it was only about four weeks ago. I say “actually” because it usually takes me roughly twelve months before I’ll go to the hairdressers. I absolutely hate getting my hair cut, which is ridiculous because I love my hair once it’s cut, and hate it even more when it gets too long, so I really only have myself to blame!!
Which bit of beauty trickery couldn’t you live without?
Hand on heart; I don’t really use that much trickery. I’ve never fake tanned, I’ve only really worn false lashes once, and I don’t wear false nails (mainly because I can’t stand them). I don’t wax. I am, however, guilty of hiding my terrible skin behind copious amounts of green concealer, on occasion.
You’ve overslept and have 5 minutes to get out of the house. Are you going out with dirty hair or no makeup?
No question. No makeup. I can cope without wearing makeup, but greasy hair (my hair gets greasy within 24 hours) is just a huge no-no for me.
I think it stems down to the one time, when I was at School, that I didn’t wash my hair, and my so-called friends gave me a lot of grief over it, asking if I’d washed my hair in chip fat, amongst other very nasty things, and I haven’t dared go outside the house unless I’ve washed it that morning, ever since!
Which trend still makes you cringe?
Okay the information I am about to share is top secret. No one can EVER know....so, you promise that you will not tell anyone that I told you this, okay?? Great. Good...
But, when I was a teenager, I was not what you could call “trendy”; I was, in fact, a Wannabe Nerd!!
I had the awful fashion sense (okay, the non-existent fashion sense)
I actually begged my Mum to take me to the Opticians because I WANTED glasses, (my Mum even told me, in front of the Optician, that I was not allowed to lie “just so that I could get glasses”), and oh yes, in the summer of 1997, I became the very proud owner of a ginormous pair of purple “Deirdre” glasses, and I LOVED them... (Oh god!)
And to top it all off, at fifteen, when my Dentist told me I needed braces...I was, yup, you guessed it....EXCITED!
|A yes frequently copied look from Ms Perry! Image source|
Oh, and by the way, when I was 20, I had orange hair! This was not intentional either! I might have been at Uni, and prone to having purple hair, but the orange was supposed to be red!!!
Ahem....well, what can I say. Most interesting! It's hard to believe that your greatest wish was to own a pair of Deidre glasses! Frighteningly for a beauty blog, that's the third time Deirdre and her glasses have had a mention. Thank you so much for sharing Kat.
If you have something you need to get off your chest and want to take a turn in the Friday Confessional you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!