Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.
Well this is embarrassing! But for you, i confess....
- White hair. I did everything in my teens to get hair similar to Christina Aguilera. In the process i had burns to my scalp, hair that resembled jelly and hair that refused to grow. Trendy????
- Dark foundation was a good look on me too. White hair and a brown face? I liked to use foundation that was at least 3 shades too dark, and i didn't dare blend it at the jaw line either.
- Dark lip liner and nude lipstick- i loved this look. Enough said.
- I also went through a phase of having two tone hair. Black hair underneath and white hair on the top (crown). I often was told i looked like a "skunk".
|Pepe loves a girl with stripes!|
- I was big on fake tan, in 1996 the fake tans were very orange-just the way i liked it.
- I really should treat myself to a pedicure. I have the feet of a nurse- dry, sore and over used. Not a pretty site.
- Being an enthusiastic beauty blogger- i like to hoard products. If i find a lip product i love, i need to get it in each and every shade. For example- at one point i had over 100 Lancome Juicy Tubes that i had collected- many have since been thrown out.
|I loved an orange tan in 1996|
There, don’t you feel better now?
Hmmm not really. I will always remain ashamed!
Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.
When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?
Another embarrassing admission..... 18 months ago. There is no reason for my poor attendance except- laziness. Bad beauty blogger!!
Which bit of beauty trickery couldn’t you live without?I am a bit of a highlighter addict. NO matter how bad my skin looks, no matter how many night shifts i have done- i will fool you with my highlighter!
Highlighting products can do amazing things for all skins. Please listen to Aunty Tara and use one.
You’ve overslept and have 5 minutes to get out of the house. Are you going out with dirty hair or no makeup?I would always prefer to go out with no makeup. There is nothing i cringe at more than dirty hair. I wash my hair every day, no matter how late i am i refuse to have filthy hair.
Which trend still makes you cringe?Over done makeup. I am talking dark eyes and dark lips together with heavy blush, fake lashes and an overdose of bronzer. Sometimes MUA's at MAC counters are guilty of this. These days i much prefer makeup to be more neutral.
Thank you so much for confessing Tara, I had such a good giggle! I think I need to try give your highlighter tip a try too. If you would like to take a turn and unburden yourself in the Friday Confessional you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!